I know I know, many of you don’t blog. So I don’t want you to think that this post is going to be just about blogging. Actually what I’m about to tell you can be adapted into your everyday life.
- I want to redo my site yet again. I know I know, I just redid it last year, but I’m ready for a change again. It’s not my fault! Blame Cynthia aka @napwarden. She talked me into without even knowing it. My site is a lot like my life, always changing and you know. I’m ok with that. My life is constantly evolving. My moods, my family, my goals, my style, and my passions are different from one day to the next. So why should my site be any different.
- Find your tribe, your clique, your crew, your pack, your posse. Find a group of people who compliment you. And I don’t mean by people who tell you your beautiful, but surround yourself with people who are going to be there for you. People who’s strengths are probably different from yours. Thank you to all of the amazing people in my tribe! I love you all! Thank you Tiffany and Fran for continuing the Bloggy Boot Camp Conferences! It always a great way to celebrate and bond with my tribe!
- What is your bottom line? Your blog, your time. What do you want to write about? Do you want to do reviews for free? Than do it! Would you rather do promotional posts for a fee? Than do it! You just need to decide what your bottom line is. What is your time and your space on the internet worth? Thank you Danielle aka @daniellesmithTV of reminding me of this!
- Stay true to yourself. Conference after conference they tell me to find my niche’. What in the world is my niche’? My niche’ is me. This silly little blog is about me. Staying true to myself is me writing about that crazy expensive stroller that I just had to have. My addiction to The Dry Bar. My shopping addiction. My beautiful daughter. My silly new little boy. My very understanding husband and our what must appear unstable yet incredible stable life. Sometimes I travel, sometimes I bake, sometimes I craft (not well), sometimes I shop, and sometimes I vent about politics so that’s what I’m going to write about. Guess what, that is my niche’!!! Why has it taken me this long to figure that out?
- Where you put your attention is where you get your results. If you want to get into shape and you put all your energy into that, they you are going to have one smoking body. If you put all your effort into writing a blog about traveling, you’ll start to attract traveling readers and brands. Tiffany aka @TiffanyRom, this is why you keep getting me back! Of course I know this, but I need you to tell me! Thank you.
- Now for my favorite quote from the whole weekend…
Don’t try win over the Hater. You’re not the Jackass whisperer. – Scott Stratten
Basically, get rid of the negative Nellie’s in your blogging life. I’d even go one set further, get rid of the negative Nellie’s in your life!
I also learned that you need to be following the crazy adorable Elizabeth aka NoShoppingLiz aka @ElizabethJLiu. I was reminded that @MamaMaryShow and @Ooph are some of the greatest friends a girl can ask for. Without @SurferWife I’d have lots of bags under my eyes, I weight about 20 pounds heaver and I laugh a lot less. Other amazing women from this weekend that you need to follow, @KludgyMom @ntjstanotherjen @mytimeasmom @ElenaWollborg @redlotusmama @justonemiss @juliedutch @somedayilllearn @mommycanrun and of course @buriedwithkids @mamakatslosinit . I’ll be mention a few more in the coming weeks as well!