If you only had a day to spend at Disneyland what would you do? We all love Disneyland, but wait, what about California Adventure? It’s right there and it has Cars Land!
Earlier this summer we had to make this choice. We only had one day to visit Disney, so we needed to pick between the two parks. Having two 13 year olds boys, a 9 year old boy and a 6 year old little girl we needed to make them all happy. California Adventure was the perfect park to keep them all happy.
Making it through California Adventure in just a day is no easy task. You need to tackle crowds, lines, height requirements (this is a big deal in our house) and keeping everyone happy. If you have plans to see whole park in just a day you’re going to need a game plan. Talk to the kids, find out what they want to see the most and make sure you plan your day around that.
I also have a few tips for your game plan.
1. Be at the gates as soon as the park opens. Head directly for Cars Land to the Radiator Springs fast pass line. Also, Cars Land is our favorite part of the park, so you’ll want to come back and spend a ton of time there!
2. Now that you’re there early, head over the rides that tend to fill up first. Toy Story Midway, Soarin’ Over California, California Screamin and Golden Zephyr. If you’re lucky enough you might be able to ride them a few times before the lines get long. Definitely grab a fast pass for these ride if you want to ride them again later in the day.
3. Ride the Grizzly River Run at the hottest part of the day. Grab a fast pass early in the day to avoid the line. My personal tip for you, the seats in the middle stay the driest. With that said, you will get soaked on this ride no matter what! Leave your electronics and valuables in the lockers by the ride.
4. Food Ariel’s Grotto has some healthier alternatives and you can call ahead for priority seating! This is a great time saver. Oh wait, one very important thing I need to mention. This is one of the spots inside the park that you can order yourself an adult drink! Woo hoo!
5. Need to cool off and rest your feet? Head into Dancin’ with Disney over in the Hollywood Studio Backlot. Basically it’s a dance club for kids with plenty of air conditioning and seats for parents. It’s open between 1pm and 5pm. Check for times! Bonus, it’s full of costume characters who dance with the kids.
6. Map your day out. The park isn’t huge, but you can tire yourself out if you jump from area to area.
Favorite App: MouseAddict – This app covers both parks. Park maps, wait times, show times, and find food quick. I love that it actually local specific types of foods and drinks too! It’s quick and I’ve never had it crash on me.
We LOVE Cars Land
Oh and what would a trip to Disney be without a new set of ears?