As most moms of eight year olds will tell you, they might as well be eleven. Gone are the days of Disney princesses and “baby” toys. I would be devastated if I didn’t have another little girl to buy all that stuff for! So here are a few things on her list this year.
1. Ladder Bracelet – These are adorable, stylish, and if they get wet they’re not ruined! Grab them on Etsy at Hand in Hand with Lili.
2. Kendama – Remember the old ball in the cup game. This is the extreme version. Buy them directly from Kendama here. They are sold out everywhere here in San Diego.
3. Kinetic Sand – We have a few more months before it’s beach weather again, but we can still build sand castles with kinetic sand.
4. Old School Gams – My daughter loves Uno, Life and Monopoly.
5. Sleeping bag and/or overnight bag – They’ve entered that sleep over stage! I love these super cute sleeping bags from Pottery Barn Teen.
7. Mad Libs – Educational and hysterical!
8. Thames & Kosmos Science kits – I believe with my whole heart that we need to encourage girls to take an interest in science. These science kits and experiments are a fun way to do that.
9. American Girl The Care & Keeping of you Collection – This is a great set of books about growing up, changing bodies, feelings and so much more. This has helped tackle some awkward conversations in our house.
10. Legos – It doesn’t have to be Lego friends, though we’re huge fans of them in our house. Anything to keep the imagination going!