We’ve never been big soda drinkers in our house, but around the holidays other sugary drinks and treats seem to show up more. Convincing kids to swap out sugar for water can be difficult. Convincing them to drink enough can be even harder!
All this sugar and sweets can cause dehydration. A few sign to tell if you child isn’t getting enough water are…
- Dry skin
If you notice any of these things it’s time to get some more water into that kid! Hopefully these simple tips will help you keep your kids drinking water all year long
1. Make water easily accessible for kids. I leave Ellie’s Brita 4 Kids water bottle out all day and she can refill it when ever she runs low. This also creates a sense of independence.
2. Leave out lots of fruit. Fruit is sweet and will help cut back on other sugary snacks. Melons and Grapes are full of water and sweet.
3. Serve water with every meal. Encourage them through out the meal to drink a few sips. This will also help them not to over eat.
4. Kids are always out running around. If you notice their face getting red, stop them and have them take a few sips of water.
5. Have them carry a bottle of water with them through out the day. Make sure it’s in their backpack or close by during activities.
6. Talk to your kids about staying hydrated. Let them know why your always asking them to drink water.
7. Have your child pick out their own Brita Water Bottle! This will get them involved in the process and they’ll be more excited use it.
Why should you choice Brita Water Bottles? One Brita Bottle for Kids filter can replace 300 plastic bottles, saving over $25 a month! Is that a good enough reason?
Join me and all the other fabulous Moms for a fun twitter party Wednesday, December 6th at 6:00 pm PST. We’ll chatting about staying hydrated during the holidays, tips on keep your kids hydrated and prizes! Sign up and RSVP here.
The Brita Bottle for kids is a 13 oz. squeezable and reusable bottle with a built-in filter that provides an affordable, fun and convenient solution for kids to drink great-tasting water on the go.
Available in three bright colors and a kid-friendly size, the Brita Bottle for Kids is BPA free and dishwasher safe. The Brita Bottle for Kids makes drinking water fun for kids and is a convenient way to parents to keep their kids hydrated while on the go.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Brita. The opinions and text are all mine.