Exhausted from worrying, I reached out to my favorite pediatrician and asked her to provide me with a list I could send to my boys from a DOCTOR, not their dumb mom, that would outline when it is necessary to see a doctor.
If you feel any of these symptoms, please tell someone. Let your roommate, friend, or family know and go see a doctor.
1. You have a fever that lasts more than three days.
2. You have a fever and neck stiffness. Look up, down, right and left. If it hurts or is stiff then seek medical care ASAP. Do not mess around on this one.
3. Ibuprofen doesn’t bring down your fever or make you feel any better.
4. Difficulty breathing. Again on this one, do not mess around, seek medical attention ASAP.
5. If your cold isn’t better in 10 days go see a doctor. You might need an antibiotic to get your over it.
6. You are experiencing the worst headache of your life.