We have both moved in the last few months. And? We will most likely never do it again. Unless we become multi-billionaires and can afford to be at a spa, with a nanny to watch over the children, while people descend upon our homes to pack, move and unpack us into our new home.
Below are ten reasons moving sucks. And these are just the tip of the iceberg as they say.
1. You look around the house and think, “This isn’t going to be bad. We don’t have that much stuff.” And? At the end of day one you have packed up 15 boxes and you aren’t even out of your master bathroom.
2. You feel like you’re on an episode of hoarders trying counsel your children to just “let it go”. They’ll be ok without the 8,000 toys they’ve collected from gum ball machines, McDonald’s and birthday party gift bags.
3. You feel like you’re on an episode of hoarders trying counsel your husband to just “let it go”. They’ll be ok without 150 frat party t-shirts and 22 flasks they’ve collected from every wedding they have been in.
4. Cardboard paper cuts!
5. The constant desire to crawl into bed throw the covers over your head and avoid it all.
6. You hate your spouse. Because? You have cleverly made your brain think it is his fault you have decided to move. Why hate yourself when he is available?
7. Unless you are under the age of 25 all of your normally helpful friends conveniently have kidney stones the weekend you move.
8. Because years later there are still boxes in the garage that you never unpacked but insist you must keep. Because maybe one day…
9. Finding out what has been living under your couch for the past ten years.
Moving soon? We would love to help. Except, you know, the kidney stones. What would you add to this list?