So after a wonderful morning at the SeaLife Aquarium here in Carlsbad, CA (post to follow soon) I had a not so fun afternoon. As soon as I got into the car I had a call from just newly hired housekeeper. Today was to be her first day and she was calling to tell me she was confused about what was going on. Confused? What do you mean confused? We went over everything just yesterday on the walk through. I went to Target and spent $200 on cleaning supplies that she requested. I told her I wasn’t going to be home when she got there, but I’d leave her a her a way in. She left the house completely in agreement! All of a sudden, she was concerned about being out my house without. Even if it was for only 20 minutes! ARGH!
After a few back and forth’s she replied with and I quote “Why are you not at home? You’re a stay at home Mom. Where could you have possible be?” The conversation then ended with her hanging up on me.
What is with me and Housekeepers? Why can’t I find one? Am I really that hard to work for? This lady quit before she even started!
So anyway, my dear sweet husband sensing how annoyed I was, stopped by the market and made dinner. A very yummy dinner I might add. He forgot one very important thing! Dessert!
Note to all men out there. If your wife ask you to pick up a box of Tampons, remember, that means to pick up dessert also.
So after dinner I sat at the kitchen table trying to come up with something sweet to eat and then I remembered! The Famous Hissong Secret No Bake Cookies Recipe! We Hissong’s have a number of secret recipes. You might have read my Hissong Secret Family Pumpkin Pie recipe at Thanksgiving time.
Sometime you just need an old fashion, unhealthy, comfort food.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Melt over a medium heat.
- Once melted bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes. This is very important! If you boil it to long it won’t set.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in peanut butter. Lick extra peanut butter of spoon. Also very important.
- Stir in oats and vanilla. Am I the only one that’s been tempted to drink the vanilla straight from the bottle?
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper or aluminum. Don’t drop on your iPad or your husband with yell at you. Oops!
- Let cool until hardened. This normally takes about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Poor yourself a glass of red wine and Enjoy!