I love crock pot recipes because your entire dinner is in one pot and the task is complete by 10:00 in the morning. It is so liberating at five o’clock to know that the only thing left to do is open a bottle of wine and set the table. An added bonus is that your house smells delicious all day. Enjoy.
- 1 five pound pot roast
- 2 small yellow onions, cut into one inch pieces
- 5 carrots, cuts into one inch pieces
- 1 bag small yellow potatoes, cut in half
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 package McCormick's Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 12 ounce bag large egg noodles
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil plus spray oil
- In a skillet warm two tablespoons olive oil.
- Spray each side of pot roast with olive oil, lightly salt and pepper each side, then dredge in flour. Place in skillet and lightly brown each side.
- While meat is browning, chop vegetables and place all in the bottom of a crock pot.
- When meat is done, place on top of vegetables in pot.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup add water and soup and gravy packages and whisk.
- Pour over roast and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat for eight hours.
- You can make this in four or six hours, but the meat will not be as tender.
- Boil noodles just before roast is finished.
- Place veggies and roast over warm noodles and serve.
Spray each side of pot roast with olive oil, lightly salt and pepper each side.
Dredge roast in flour.
While meat is browning, chop vegetables and place all in the bottom of a crock pot.