When Ellie was younger she had a mild wheat allergy, but out grew it around the time she was four. Now our two year old Zach has the same allergy, but way more severe. We have eliminated all proceeded flours and wheats from his diet. This means he no longer gets his favorite treat… cookies!
As a kid I loved my families No Bake Cookies. Best part, NO WHEAT!
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
- Melt over a medium heat.
- Once melted bring to a boil.
- Let Boil for 1 1/2 minutes. This is very important! If you boil it to long it won’t set.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in oats and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper or aluminum.
- Let cool until hardened. This normally takes about 30 to 40 minutes.