Halloween is almost here! Where are you going to be trick or treating? There are neighborhood here in San Diego that just aren’t Trick or Treating friendly. So where does one go if you happen to live in a non-Trick or Treating neighborhood? Never fear, there are a ton of places for you to go.
1. Little Italy (India & W. Fir Streets) – From 5:30 – 7:30 local business on India Street is hosting a family friendly night of trick or treating. They will be handing out candy to the little ones.
2. Westfield UTC (4545 La Jolla Village Dr., La Jolla) – Children 12 years and younger are invited to hunt for treats at participating retailers.
3. Parkway Mall (415 Parkway Plaza, El Cajon) – 3pm – 4pm Family Fun Day for the littles (Ages 2 -5) Parkway will be hosting a Story Time and a Make and Take Craft. 4pm -5Pm Family Fun Day for the big kids. Kids will have the opportunity to go trick or treating at participating stores.
4. Westfield North County Pumpkin Patch (272 E. Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido) – The pumpkin patch has a ton of things to do! Carnival rides and games!
5. Mission Valley Mall (1640 Camino Del Rio North, San Diego) – 5pm – 7pm Westfield Mission Valley will host a food drive this Halloween to benefit the Salvation Army. Stores participate in Trick-or-Treating by passing out individually wrapped candy to children.
6. Skip Trick or Treating and head to the movies instead! There are a ton of great Halloween themed movies out there this season. For all ages! Why not head out and see the new movie FUN SIZE!
FUN SIZE is a funny and outrageous family ensemble comedy that all takes place on one Halloween night. A young girl’s popularity is in jeopardy when she is forced to track down her kid brother instead of going to THE party of the year. Yet her kid brother shows her what popularity is all about — and her rush to find her brother with her nerd neighbor shows her that popularity might not be exactly what she really wants.
Trick or Treating Safety Tips