Yes Mama’s, it’s almost that time of year again. The Holiday’s are bearing down on us! So what are you buying your kids this year? This year I have sworn to my self that I will not being buying toys last minute or paying for over priced toys because I didn’t buy them in time.
Tips for Shopping for Hot Holiday Toys
What are the hot holiday toys?
I was in New York City for the Time to Play Holiday Showcase just a few weeks ago. I had the opportunity to learn about some great toys and a few amazing apps. Let me tell you now, there are some amazing toys out there this year. Time to Play’s Most Wanted Holiday Toy list is a great shopping guide! All of the toys on the list have been tested and reviewed. Make sure you head over and check it out!
Over the next couple of weeks I’ll be posting about my favorite toys for girls and boys. First I wanted to make sure I shared a few insider tips for holiday shopping this year. Every year there are a few toys that always sell out. Last year I spent way to much money on a “My Little Pony” because it was the one toy she had to have and all the stores were sold out. UGH! This year I’m hoping I can help you not make the same mistake.
- Do you have a boy or girl that loves Doc McStuffins? If you see anything Doc McStuffins related in the stores, buy it! It will not be there next week. Grab up what ever you can.
- LeapPad2 and the LeapsterGS Explorer. Kids love to imitate adults and what better way than to play with their own tablet. Leapster is always a hot product, this year they expect to sell out again. If you see these 2 items snatch them up!
- My Little Pony is still wildly popular with little girls. Last year I did not purchase Twilight Sparkle soon enough and I ended up paying way to much to have it overnighted. Because of course that was the one thing she had to have. UGH! This year it’s the Magic Pony Princess Wedding Castle.
- I know that the LEGO Friends sets caused a bit of controversy last year, but my daughter loves them! Apparently so do most little girls. They sell out quick so grab them.
- The Little Tikes iTikes Canvas is a toy that I’m super excited about this year. I know that it says 3 and up, but I’m grabbing one for Zach who will be 6 months old at Christmas time. I’ll share more about it next week when I talk tablets and app.