Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aveeno®, but all of the tips, thoughts, and words are my own.
Last week I received my package of Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Foaming Cleanser and squealed at the thought of trying a new Aveeno® product. When the package arrived I was franticly trying to get out of the house to pick up my eight year old on time. I must have sat the bottle of Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Foaming Cleanser with in reach of my two year old. The next morning (under my husbands watch) the two year old got ahold of it and dumped the entire bottle all over the couch.
So what did I learn from this toddler mishap? One, my husband should not be left alone with a toddler. Two, Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Foaming Cleanser foams up easily, has no sent, leaves no residue, cleans up easily and gets blue marker out of upholstery. The blue marker was from another time I left the toddler alone with the husband.
Not only is this toddler of mine a constant mishap he frequently has issues with redness on his face. I’ve done quite a bit of research on how to reduce and eliminate this issue for him. While doing this research I’ve come up with a number of great suggestions for adults who suffer as well.
Here are a few tips to help minimize Redness and Rosacea.
1. Avoid foods that trigger your Rosacea. This can be different for everyone. Some have issues with soy and others with dairy. Avoid eating spicy food! Eat more leafy greens and high fiber foods.
2. Eating hydrating foods is going to moisturize your skin from the inside and help protect against the weather.
2. Protect your skin against harsh weather. Besides eating right make sure you wear a scarf in the winter to shield your skin from the weather. In the summer try and keep your skin cool and protected from the sun.
3. Think of cucumbers as the miracle veggie. Place chilled cucumbers on red areas and relax for about 15 to 20 minutes. The vitamin C in the cucumber will reduce the redness.
4. Avoid red wine. Yes, I know. It was hard for me to type that. It’s true, red wine is a common trigger for those who fight against red skin.
5. Water, water, water… Are you tired of us telling you that?
6. Sensitive skin care products. Make sure you are using a face cleanser and moisturizer that is specifically made to reduce redness. Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® line of skin care is perfect for this.
Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Foaming Cleanser is formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® CALMING FEVERFEW® , a natural ingredient related to chamomile which helps reduce redness. Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Foaming Cleanser is made for the most sensitive of sensitive skin. With that in mind this gentle foaming cleanser lifts away dirt, oil and makeup without overdrying or aggravating. It’s also fragrance free, soap free, noncomedogenic and hypoallergenic.
It doesn’t matter how sensitive you skin is, you still need moisturizer and sunscreen! Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 is the perfect option for those with sensitive skin and rosacea. Aveeno® Ultra-Calming® Daily Moisturizer’s formula is clinically proven to calm and soothe irritated or sensitive skin and visibly reduce redness in as little as 1 week and is gentle enough to use daily.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aveeno®, but all of the tips, thoughts, words and incredibly clean couch are all mine.