So the decorations are slowly coming down, the neighborhood lights are starting to dim and the post holiday blues are settling in.
The house seems a little empty without all the extra people, or maybe it’s the lack of decorations that are making the house feel extra cold.
1. Don’t take everything down! Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean that winter is over. Leave up a few winter decorations. When spring arrives you can replace them with spring decorations!
2. Light a tree! I always miss the lights on the Christmas tree most. So we always have one tree in the house with lights on it. While it’s not lit all year long, it tends to be lit in the weeks following Christmas. It helps keep some of that holiday warmth in the house. We’ve also been known to decorate it for Valentines day and Easter.
3. Buy something new for the house. It doesn’t have to be anything major. A new center piece, a picture, new pillow for the couch, or new curtains. Anything to update your look.
4. Start a new Pinterest board. I know, you have a billion, but this time pin your new projects for this year. Tackle one a month and by the end of the year you’ll have 12 great projects done! Ok, maybe not but even if it’s just one, it’s something.
5. Plan a girls day! There is no better way to fight the blues than to hang out with your girlfriends. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Plan a spa day to recover from the holiday stress and hangout with your besties.
Now go out there and fight those blues!