I love Spring! I love Easter! I love the colors, the candy, the colored eggs and pretty much everything that goes along with it. I’m always looking for interesting ways to decorate an Easter Basket. Especially with a boy coming into our family! I’m going to have to learn that Easter if more than pastels and flowers.
Tonight we experimented with Bugs! That’s right bugs!
Think gummy worms, chocolates wrapped in bug themed wrappers and Eggs decorated to look bugs! Put all of these buggies into a pail and you’re all set!
I have a secret that I’m going to share with you guy for the first time too. My trick on how to get really vivid and dark colored eggs.
1. Boil a 6 cups of water (or one cup for every color you’re going work with)
2. Pour one cup of just boil water into a glass (do not use metal, make sure it’s glass)
3. Add 2 table spoons of vinegar to each glass
4. Add egg and let it soak for at least 10 minutes. Don’t forget to rotate half way through.
5. Place egg on dry wrack and let it dry completely before adding any embellishments.
Do you have a child that would enjoy a more crafty basket? Try this