Disclosure: I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Dual Action drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs The swiss herbs in Ricola® Dual Action drops help sooth my itch throat caused by allergies and this post is sponsored for Socialstars. #swissherbs All words, thoughts, ideas and Thanksgiving tips are my own.
Many of you will be hosting Thanksgiving at your home for the very first time. I’ve talk to a few friends who are a little nervous about being in charge. We’re here to tell you, don’t be! Thanksgiving dinner is actually one of the easiest family get togethers to host. Here are a few of our tips.
It’s not too late to shop. As a matter of fact, aside from the Turkey, I don’t shop until the day before. I ordered my fresh turkey 3 weeks ago. Our tip for shopping… make a list, make a list, make a list! Here is our printable grocery list organized by areas of the store for you.
A few of your have mentioned that you’re a little intimidated by the whole Turkey process. Our advice, don’t be fancy!
- What size? Estimate 1.5 pounds per guest.
- If your turkey is frozen, make sure you leave yourself enough time to defrost it. If you have a large turkey you may want to start at least 24 hours before you plan to cook it.
- If you have a fresh turkey, just keep it in the Refrigerator until it’s time to prep.
- Don’t forget to remove the bag of giblets from the empty cavity of the turkey. It’s not as gross as it sounds
- Make sure you give yourself enough to time to cook the turkey. Oh and don’t forget to turn the oven on. Yes I have done that.
- Cooking advice can be found over here.
Everyone has their favorite Stuffing recipe. Mine is crazy simple!
- I have Ellie tear up a loaf of bread the day before.
- Thanksgiving morning I mix the bread with chicken stock, an egg, celery seasoning, onion powder seasoning and don’t tell my husband but I add garlic too. I add Sausage, green olives, onions and sometimes celery.
- You will need to cook your turkey longer if you stuff your bird.
What are your 3 favorite vegetables dishes? We’re doing french green beans, roasted zucchini, and mushrooms. Not technically a veggie, but we love them sautéd.
I can not stand cranberry sauce, but my father in law in loves it so we will have it. I have no advice on how to prepare other than a can opener. Mama Mary Show does have an amazing cranberry salsa recipe though! Get it here. I will be making that to snack on all day.
Is there any question here? Pumpkin Pie!!! My pie recipe can be found here. Stefanie’s pie recipe can be found here. I would say mine is better, but they’re pretty much the same recipe. Hey Stefanie, why are you stealing my secret family recipe?
Don’t forget to take care of yourself!
With all the shopping, cool weather and lack of sleep because of all the prep work, it’s possible that you’ll catch a cold. Being thankful for cough and cold relief thanks to Ricola® Dual Action Honey Lemon. Dual Action Honey Lemon drops provide relief for coughs and sore throats, all in one drop. Soothing, Naturally effective relief for cough and sore throats with a blend of 10 Swiss alpine herbs. It’s fast acting so your cough or sore throat won’t get in the way of your holiday.
Also happening right now, Ricola® is hitting the road to help America wake up their mouths with their Revitalizing drops! I love Ricola’s revitalizing drops! They’re always in my purse. Check out the site and see if Ricola will be stopping by a city near you! #wakeupyourmouth
Now go shop, bake and enjoy your Thanksgiving.