As the kids get older and their busy schedules get busier, it becomes increasingly difficult to find time for family dinners. While we strive for at least three nights per week, we have a MANDATORY Sunday night family dinner and Table Talk is always a crowd pleaser. It is amazing what you learn about your kids when you ask fun questions and not directed questions. By directed I mean: “Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend?” “Did you have a good day at school?” “Do any of your friends drink or smoke pot?” “Have you ever sexted or received a sext?” They will plead the 5th faster than a politician under oath.
I am 17 years into parenting and my teenagers talk with me. Often and about all topics. The reason they do is because I have been talking, asking and listening to them for years. Talk with your kids, do it often, you will reap the rewards when it matters most.
Olympic Trivia For Your Tweens and Teens
1. What kind of clothes did the very first Olympians wear?
2. What do the five Olympic rings stand for?
3. When was the first time a woman competed in the Olympics? Where where the Olympics held that year?
4. What was the only event held in the very first Olympics in 776 BC?
5. How many times has the US hosted the Olympics?
6. What does the Olympic Motto “Citius, Altius, Fortius
7. When was snowboarding added as an Olympic event? Where were the Olympics held that year?
8. How many countries are participating in the 2012 Olympics?
9. Why were the Olympics canceled in 1916, 1940 and 1944?
10. How many different sports will take place at the 2012 Olympics?
11. What was the first team sport to be added to the Olympics?
1. None. They were naked.
2. The union of the five continents: America, Africa, Australia, Europe and Asia
3. In Paris. She was a sailor.
4. A running race. (Naked)
5. 8 times
- 1904 Summer Games in St. Louis, MO
- 1932 Winter Games in Lake Placid, NY
- 1932 Summer Games in Los Angeles, CA
- 1960 Winter Games in Squaw Valley, CA
- 1980 Winter Games in Lake Placid, NY
- 1984 Summer Games in Los Angeles, CA
- 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta, GA
- 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City, UT
6. Swifter, Higher, Stronger
7. Nagano, Japan in 1998.
9. Because of WWI and WWII.
11. Football. As in soccer.