What will you talk to your kids about tonight at dinner?
Listening and talking are learned behaviors. How your children will communicate with others and you is something they are learning from you.
Are you talking with and listening to them every day? About things that don’t matter, not just peppering them with questions? Is your homework done? Is your room clean? Did you do what I asked you to do?
Start young and create an atmosphere of conversation in your home.
I am 17 years into parenting and my teenagers talk with me. Often and about all topics. The reason they do is because I have been talking, asking and listening to them for years. Talk with your kids, do it often, you will reap the rewards when it matters most.
It’s always a good time to talk with your tweens and teens about giving back, however there is something about the holiday season that makes it even more important. This week on Ooph you will be provided with a couple of ways to help your kids give back to others. These questions are a good way to get started. Enjoy getting to know your kids.
Table Talk: Week 39
1. Which would be better? The ability to read other peoples’ minds or the ability to be invisible?
2. If you were in charge of schools what subject would you eliminate completely?
3. Would you rather spend your adult life making money and buying the things you’ve always dreamed of having and donating money to causes you think are important or having just enough money to travel around the country and give back with your time?
4. If we lived on a farm and you were assigned one group of animals to care for, clean and feed, which would you choose? Chickens, pigs or cows?
5. Would you rather spend one day being a giant or a mouse? Why?
6. Which historical figure would you most like to go back and be for one day? Why?
7. If you could trade lives with one living person right now for a week, who would it be and why?
8. Would you rather go scuba diving or parachuting?
9. If you could become the character of any book you’ve ever read for one week, which character would you be? What would you
10. If you had the chance to go back in time and live one week as your mom or dad, would you?
For more Table Talk