It’s that time of year. SPRING BREAK! It’s that time of year when people start feeling the need to thaw out and San Diego is the perfect place to do that. I’m lucky enough to live here so over the next few weeks I’ll share some of my favorite San Diego vacation spots.
This week it’s all about the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina.
The Hyatt Regency is the perfect spot for someone who’s never been to San Diego before. From here you can explore all the spots that have made San Diego famous. Located next to SeaWorld®, Old Town San Diego, Beaches, La Jolla and close to the Gaslamp District. It’s has something for everyone in the family.
If you’re just looking for a get away and want to stay on property there is so much to do here! Water slides, three new pools, waterfront health club, a full-service marina with jet skis, sailboats, kayaks, sportfishing, whale excursions and did I mention the Spa yet?
Send the Hubby and kids to the pool and book yourself some me time. Blue Marble Spa has been named one of the “Top Ten Spas Around the World” by Organic Spa magazine. I shall be booking myself a Nature Mom 60 in the next couple of weeks. I soooo need it!
Or maybe you just want to sneak away for a little quiet time in your room. Balconies with views of Pacific Ocean, Mission Bay or gardens will guarantee that you’ll have a relaxing moment to yourself.
Finish of your beautiful sun filled day by dining at Red Marlin.
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina is offering a Mission Bay Adventure Package from now through June 30 along with a number of activities that will give adults and children a chance to get their feet wet.
The package was designed to make the trip’s larger ticket items more affordable and accessible to families, without sacrificing the fun-factor:
· 20 percent off Red Marlin and SWIM Lounge, maximum four people (does not apply to in-room dining, Einstein Bros. or alcoholic beverages);
· 20 percent off attraction tickets, maximum four tickets for one attraction (tickets cannot be combined with multiple attractions; one-time purchase at hotel only for zoo, SeaWorld®, Legoland or Wild Animal Park; non-refundable);
In addition to the Mission Bay Adventure Package, vacationers who book their trip between March 17 and April 8 can take advantage of the hotel’s spring recreational activities, including:
· SeaWorld® Character Visits: Shake “fins” and take photos with SeaWorld® characters who pay a visit to the hotel property.
· Self-Guided Scavenger Hunts: Available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., with prizes given to those who successfully complete the hunt.
· Roast S’MORES: Pick up a few S’MORES kits from the SWIM Lounge and relax by one of the hotel’s two outdoor fire pits.
· Dock Walks: Guided tours around the Hyatt Marina to teach children about the local aquatic sea life in Mission Bay.
· Poolside Activities: Waterslide relay races, watermelon eating contests and water balloon tosses are held each weekend afternoon on the pool deck, perfect for children of all ages.
· Minnows Movie Night: Each Saturday at 7:30 p.m., Hyatt will show a different movie in the pool area that is complimentary to all hotel guests. Food and beverages available at the SWIM Lounge.
Don’t have plans for Easter?
Families who will be staying at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina during the Easter holiday will have a chance to partake in the day’s festivities, including:
· Taking pictures with the Easter Bunny;
· Famous Easter Brunch offered at Red Marlin;
· Classic egg hunt around the Cabana lawn;
· Underwater egg hunt in the pools; and
· Egg decorating and various other arts and crafts.
The only catch is, if you come and stay at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina you need to let me know so I can come hang out by the pool with you!