I am not a carb eater. When I splurge it needs to be on something worthwhile. This sausage fusilli is the BEST splurge. Serve it with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and warm crusty bread and you will have people inviting themselves back for dinner.
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bag of spinach, 6 ounce
- 1-1/2 pounds sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 24 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in pan and melt.
- Add sausage and fry over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove sausage.
- Scrape bottom of skillet to loosen brown any leftover browned sausage.
- Leave in pan for flavor.
- Add carrots salt and pepper.
- Saute carrots for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add onion for 5 minutes
- Add garlic for 2 minutes
- Add Spinach for 2 minutes.
- Add back sausage.
- Dump in jar of sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile boil water and fusilli.
Place butter in pan and melt. Add sausage and fry over medium heat until cooked through.
Add onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic for 2 minutes.
Add back sausage. Dump in jar of sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.