One of my favorite weekends of the year is coming up. San Diego’s KidsFest! May 17th and 18th, 2014 from 10 am – 5 pm daily, KidsFest and Chloe Nichols Foundation have a weekend of fun planned.
Disclosure: I am being compensated to let you all know about this amazing event. All thoughts are my own and I am currently planning on being there!
KidsFest is San Diego’s largest hands-on, creative festival for kids and their families. Presented by the Chloe Nichols Foundation, KidsFest 2014 will transform the NTC Ingram Plaza in Point Loma into a wonderland of play, with activities designed to stimulate and celebrate the imagination during the weekend-long celebration on May 17-18, 2014.
Spend the day playing with your kids stimulating their imaginations with dozens of activities.
- New this year: Hullabaloo, the outrageously popular folk, funk and rock band for kids.
- The Messy Zone- Filled with mud, muck and messy fun.
- Creation Station- See your child’s imagination at work at this make-and-take crafts station.
- Green Thumb Market presented by Honest Tea & Crown Ace Hardware- A creative space for gardeners.
- Built It Construction Square- Construct a castle, design a reading nook, or just play and create.
- Dress Up Alley presented by Fairytale Fashionista- For kids who like to get red-carpet ready.
- Gumball Alley & Bubble Zone- Where kids can kick, ram and bam hundreds of jumbo “gumballs.”
- Snack Shack presented by Clif Bar, Pretzel Crisps and Trader Joe’s- For young chefs (healthy treats are included in the price of admission)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll presented by TakeLessons- For aspiring musicians to make their own take-home instruments.
- Food Truck Lunch Room- Providing delicious treats for the whole family to enjoy.
- Raise the Roof- For those who want to have crazy, hands-on, tangled, twisted fun.
- VIP Stroller Valet- Complimentary parking for all.
You’ll probably find us in either The Messy Zone or The Bubble Zone. I can’t imagine we’ll be able to tear Zach away from those two areas! All activities are designed for kids between the ages of 2 to 10. I mentioned the messy zone, right? Make sure your kids aren’t wearing anything that you don’t want to get dirty.
The former Naval Training Center, Ingram Plaza at Liberty Station is conveniently located off Rosecrans Street in Point Loma.
2690 Historic Decatur Road
San Diego CA 92106
Children under 2 are free. Early Bird tickets are now available through April 30. Single tickets are $15 and a Family Four Pack is $45. Tickets can be purchased online at www.kidsfestsandiego.com. I also have a discount code for you! Just enter RockOnMommies and receive $5 off a family 4 pack.