Am I the only Mom that is kind of thankful when Monday rolls around? Kids back to school, husband back to the office and the house is finally mine again! Caffeine, workout and then back home to get some work done. I thought today might be fitting to dedicate Monday’s to just us Moms! How about a Mama Monday!!!
Delivery day was a very exciting time in the homes of East Coast Mom and West Coast Mom. You see, our iPhone 5 arrived! We sent pictures and text messages back and forth sharing our last text messages from our iPhone 4’s and celebrating our first text messages from our iPhone 5’s. Today, let’s chat about the new iPhone 5. East Coast Mama Tiffany and I have both spent the last week trying them out.
Today it’s time to share our pro’s and con’s of our new toy.
East Coast Mom
- It’s as light as a feather
- It’s lightening fast
- The speakers actually work now
- Added viewing area, big thumbs up
- The simplicity we’ve all loved all along at the VERY top of its game.
- The “lightening” port, requires ALL NEW ACCESSORIES for charging and docking
- The camera doesn’t seem to be much different from 4S
- It has lost some of it’s edgy, industrial look with this added layer of shatter proofing.
- The headphone port is on the bottom (what was the point of that move)?
- Compared to comparable smart phone devices, iPhone is $$$$$$
- It did not sync with my 2012 Mercedes. It did however sync with West Coast Mom’s Infiniti QX56. So check with your carmaker.
West Coast Mom
- Crazy fast
- I love chatting with Siri (see con’s as well)
- Super light weight
- Larger screen
- Love the fun to panorama feature on the camera. Though I totally forgot to use it when I was in New York last week!
- I can’t find a case or car charger in any of the retail stores
- Apple Maps tried to give me direction to South Africa rather than the restaurant I wanted to go to which happened to only be 5 blocks away.
- When I asked Siri what the forecast for New York City was she told me it was going to be 93 degrees in the day. I thought that’s awfully hot for New York in the fall. Turns out she gave me the forecast for New York Texas. I didn’t even know there was a New York Texas!
- Battery life doesn’t seem any longer. I actually thought it was shorter. That may have been because I was using my camera a ton.