This is one of my favorite meals. Healthy and delicious. Serve with homemade guacamole and black beans.
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp (26 - 30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons course salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh corn tortillas
- Cut shrimp into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat a heavy skillet or saute pan to medium heat, add olive oil and butter and continue heating until oil begins to smoke.
- Immediately add garlic, shrimp, and salt, stir constantly.
- When shrimp begins to turn opaque, add water, and orange and lime juices.
- Increase heat slightly and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Heat a separate pan and spray very lightly with oil.
- Heat tortillas on each side until warm.
- Fill tortillas with guacamole and shrimp.
Share the joy