Pregnant women are always beautiful!! With all the excitement of the arrival of that little bundle of joy, no wonder your skin has a radiant glow!
However, pregnancy can take a toll on your body. So it’s just as important to take care of your skin during this exciting time!
- Moisturize- During your pregnancy you’ll find that your skin may feel dry and itchy. Especially during the last trimester. Hydrate your entire body with a moisturizer. Your skin will thank you later!!
- Use a mild Cleanser- Stay away for soaps that dry out your skin.
- SPF is a must! Need I say more?
- Know your skin type- You may notice that during your pregnancy your skin types changes. From normal to oily or dry. Don’t worry, this is normal. I suggest that you use products that are specific to your new skin type.
- Treat Yourself- Taking time out for you is super important. Treat yourself to a facial, massage, a pedicure or ALL three J
Here are a few common Skin issues during pregnancy:
- Acne– As your hormones increase during pregnancy, it’s common that some women may suffer from acne especially during the first trimester.
- Skin Discolouration– Melasma or better known as pregnancy mask is common during the second and third trimester. Normally this will disappear after the baby arrives. If it doesn’t, you can try applying products that even out skin discolorations.
- Itchy Bellies– As your skin grows and stretches, it may become itchy and dry. While in the shower, gently exfoliate the dry skin with a warm washcloth. But avoid really hot showers, since that may cause your skin to become drier. Then apply a soothing moisturizer to hydrate the skin.
- Linea Nigra: During the second trimester, a faint line running from the belly button to the center of the pubic bone may turn darker. The nipples may also turn darker as a result of the hormonal changes during pregnancy. Linea nigra usually fades away a few months after delivery.
Sonia Ryan is a mommy of 2 children, Nick 11yrs and Bella 10yrs old. Sonia has been working in the cosmetic industry for 9 years. Her passion for empowering women through building personal confidence had touched the lives of hundreds of women. For Sonia, it?s all about matching from the inside-out! And her clients always come away feeling more beautiful, fabulous and fierce!
Other Make Up tips from Sonia Ryan.