By now you’ve all heard of twitter. If you’ve read Rock On Mommies or any blog in the last 3 years I’m sure that site mentioned twitter at least 5 times in a week. Twitter is mentioned on every news show, talk show, and radio stations. Every celebrity, politician and teen has an account. Every brand you can think of has an account. So why haven’t you jumped on yet? I know I know, because why would you really need to waste your time on twitter. Well I have 5 good reasons for you.
1. Deals Follow your favorite brand and you’ll no doubt see them tweet out a deal or sale before they announce it anywhere else.
Happy Twitter Tuesday!Enjoy 40% off this billowy #daydress: Jakar Camila in Blue ow.ly/dt2yC
— V i X Paula Hermanny (@ViXPHermanny) September 5, 2012
2. News Last friday our electricity went out on the hottest day of the year. SDG&E was able to answer my question quicker on twitter than by phone or before their website was even updated with the info.
3. Contest Prizes Many websites, twitter parties, and brands run contest specifically for their twitter followers. You can win something as small as a set of Eyedews something as large as a Britax Carseat.
How about a Kiehl’s Product Basket worth over $200 or you can watch the Emmies with 100’s of other Moms during #EmmySmack! Trust me. You want to be at #EmmySmack. We have some amazing prizes to give away!
4. Celebrity Gossip I know I know, but you have to admit it can be fun. For example, Miss Lohan whining again.
Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far? + — Lindsay Lohan (@lindsaylohan) September 17, 2012
5. Just to communicate with another adult! You know those moments when you just need to vent about Billy spreading poop around his room during nap time? Or maybe Susie decided to color all over your walls with the sharpie. Sometimes it’s just nice to vent. OK it’s nice to share a parenting win now and then too.
My 6 yo has been sitting quietly for 45 minutes reading and doing his homework. I need this in writing as it will never happen again.
— Stefanie Mullen (@ooph) September 17, 2012
— Annie Shultz (@MamaDweeb) September 16, 2012
So now head over to www.twitter.com and let me know you’re there. Then just jump into the conversations! Don’t feel like you’re butting in, that’s just how it works! Don’t forget to download the Twitter app onto your smart phone.
Be sure to check back! I’m going to be sharing some great Mom’s and Brand’s you should be following.