A couple of weeks ago I was rushing around the house like a crazy person. Getting ready for our overseas trip and for company all at the same time. Ellie followed behind me almost every step of the way desperate for something to occupy her time.
Apparently someone was listening because blessed knock at the door. It had arrived! Her sneak peek at the new Turbo video game!!! Turbo: Super Stunt Squad was sure to entertain her and give me sometime to pack! Thank you DreamWorks and D3Publisher for saving my day!
Based on the new family film about an ordinary snail getting the power of super-speed after a freak accident , Turbo: Super Stunt Squad is a high-velocity action game featuring a crew of super-charged characters in the movie. Turbo is available for Wii U, Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
She sat down and started to zoom her way through the world as a snail. After a couple of hours she had some feed back for me.
What she liked
- She loved the graphics. She thought it looked like she was controlling the movie.
- She loved picking which snail to play with.
- She loved the tricks that the snails needed to perform. After she figured out how to actually do the tricks.
What she didn’t like
- At first it was hard for her to learn to control the snails even with the tutorials. She got frustrated a number of times, but once she got her grove she was ok.
What I liked
- I love that she had to collect letters to spell the words. It keeps her thinking even while playing a video game.
- No violence, no negativity, no blood!
What I didn’t like
- The learning curve was a little hard. I sat down with her for a while and had a difficult time even with the tutorials. Like anything, it took some practice.
Yes I would buy this game, but I would sit down and play it before turning over the controls to my 6 year old. I think she would have been less frustrated in the beginning if I had known how to coach her.
Disclosure – DreamWorks and D3Publisher provided me with the game to review. All thoughts and words are my own. Ok, mine and Ellie’s.