I am a lover of all salads. I have one every single day and most days twice. Since I eat so dang many, I am always on a quest to find new ways to salad. This weekend I made a delicious kale salad. Not only did I love it, but my husband and Noah did too. They devoured it. I am pretty sure one of them actually licked the bowl because by the time I went to wash it, I couldn’t determine if someone already had.
I used this as a side dish to our meal. Add chopped chicken, steak or salmon and BAM, it is the meal. Happy eating!
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit balsamic (I get mine from baker & olive)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 large bunch kale, washed and shredded
- 2 cups shredded raw Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup pistachios
- Combine all dressing ingredients at least one hour before serving. Shake often.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl. Toss with dressing. Devour.