Is anyone else as excited about summer as I am? Remind me in 2 months when I’m begging for school to start how excited I was for summer to start. I’ll worry about that later, now lets live in the present and start thinking about all the summer fun we’re going to have.
We spent the weekend getting our backyard ready for all the fun. We cleaned up all the cobwebs, scrubbed the furniture, freshened up the yard, and tossed any old and broken toys.
I put together a list of our backyard must haves.
1. A Grill of course! How can you have a backyard BBQ without one? We use ours a few times a week and it may not be pretty, but it works! Propane grill start as low at $99 so there’s something out there for everyone.
Grilling fresh food will help you stay in bathing suit shape too!
We so need a new grill!
2. A place to get comfy. No this doesn’t mean you have to spend 1000’s of dollars. We spend so much time outside during the summers that we treat it like another living room. Don’t forget to look at places like Big Lots. It might surprise you what you’ll find there.
Not only is it nice to sit outside and relax, but it also encourages the kids to get outside as well. If you’re outside, they’re sure to follow.
3. Water! Not all of us are lucky enough have a pool in our backyard, but that doesn’t mean you (and the kids) can’t have a little fun in the water. Water tables, slip-n-slides, splash pads, and water guns will keep the kids cool and active!
4. Bubbles!!! Not just the bubbles you blow, but a bubble blowing machine! My favorite is the Gazillion Bubble Typhoon. There is no better bubble machine on the market!
5. Backyard speakers are a must! We love our Insignia Rock Speakers
Now get out back and clean it up! Summer is here! For more ideas make sure to follow my Backyard Pinterest Board