This is a sponsored post by Invisalign.
My son recently started using Invisalign. As I stated before, we had no idea about how Invisalign worked and we were both curious to see the process unfold. As we are a month in, I asked him to create a list of 10 things he was surprised by and would want other teens to know. So from the mouth of my teen user to the ears of your teen here is his list:
1. It only took me a few weeks to get used to them. Now I forget I am even wearing them.
2. They helped me stop biting my fingernails. Something I have been doing since I was four. (Invisalign isn’t an actual approved finger nail biting treatment.) But it worked for me.
3. None of my friends have noticed them. Not one. (This has been my experience, but Invisalign does not state that they will be unseen by your friends.)
4. The nobs they put on your teeth before they put them on made me think everyone could see them. They can’t. They feel weird, but you can’t see them.
5. They are a commitment. They are worth it.
6. Your teeth get sore for the first few days of each new tray, but then it goes away.
7. They are a little harder to take out when you get the nobs put on. No biggie, but thought you should know.
8. It was hard for me to remember to put them back in after I eat, now it’s better. Don’t get discouraged.
9. My teeth are whiter because I brush them more often.
10. I find them easy to misplace, though I misplace my wallet every day so I may not be a good source, so put them in a place you will remember and make it the same place as often as possible.
Hope you find this list helpful. What questions do you have about Invisalign? We are no experts, but we are users and we would love to help you get answers.
“I am a member of the Invisalign Teen Mom Advisory Board. My son has received complimentary treatment from the makers of Invisalign clear aligners, but all opinions expressed are my own. http://shout.lt/ggGP”