The holidays are almost here and on almost every kids wish list… a tablet. I can see you cringing already. Don’t worry, I have a solution for you!
The amazing folks over at iDeaUSA sent me a iDeaPLAY so Ellie could test and review. So after of playing with it for a week, we’re ready to tell you what we thought.
iDeaUSA, the consumer electronics manufacturer, has launched the iDeaPLAY – a tabletespecially built for kids to enjoy and designed to give parents peace of mind. The fully-featured Android device is compliant with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA),ensuring children (ages 4 and up) a fun and educational experience with flexible parental controls.
It also comes with pre-loaded apps which are all educational, but fun so Ellie doesn’t realize she’s actually learning. The parent settings are super easy to use.
The iDeaPlay is the most affordable and versatile, yet safe, kids tablet available. It gives parents everything they need while their children get everything they want,” said Danish Ahmed, vice president of operations, iDeaUSA. “Parents will also appreciate that the iDeaPLAY is evenly balanced to both entertain and educate their kids and is more than just a digital baby sitter.
When the iDeaPLAY arrived at our house we fought over who got to open the box and turn it on first. I’m not sure which one of us likes techie toys more. The iDeaPlay can be updated with free and premium apps, movies, e-books and music from the iDeaApp Marketplace or by visiting Amazon’s app store.
Through the Famigo interface the iDeaPlay includes high quality premium content from Jim Henson, DreamWorks, Dr. Seuss, The Wiggles and apps including Doodle Jump, Shrek Forever After, Ice Rage, Yumsters, Toddle Fun Counting, Kids ABC Alphabets, Color & Draw, Riptide GP Toddle Tapping Zoo, Math Bugaboo.
Don’t worry parents, once the kids go to bed you can also play with the iDeaPLAY. Just switch it to Regular Mode and it enables the full power of the tablet to access the internet and services including Netflix and Skype, like a regular Android device.
What I love:
1. The price! It’s $129 which makes it completely doable for the holidays.
2. The orange protection cover. It’s makes it easier to hold onto it and safe when it “accidentally” gets dropped.
3. Parental setting! I love that the parental setting are still set even when the tablet is powered down and back up again.
4. USB Port so I can transfer pictures and videos on and off!
5. Front Facing camera so Ellie can video chat with her grandparents. Ok and me when I’m out of town.
6. Pre-loaded Famigo which blocks social networks. It also keeps track of Ellie’s weekly activity and provides me with a weekly history report.
7. There are games for all levels! In a few months I can set it for Zach’s age level and he can play with it as well.
What Ellie loves:
1. The size! It’s about the size of one of her books and is super easy for her to hold.
2. The pre loaded games, even though I know they’re educational games. #ParentingWin
3. She love that we can upload Movies and other shows as well.
What I don’t like:
1. Let’s face it, I’m an Apple girl. Android is a completely different language to me! It took me a few days to figure it out and to become comfortable with it. Ellie on the other hand, it’s like she speaks Android fluently.
2. Battery life. It’s good, but not great. If left on overnight it won’t have a charge in the morning.
What Ellie didn’t like:
NOTHING! I’ve asked her several times and there hasn’t found anything she doesn’t like about the iDeaPLAY
So now you want to know where to buy it.
The iDeaPLAY is available now online by visiting Amazon.com or it can be purchased at one of many retail locations, including Fry’s Electronics and HEB stores across the country.
The tablet also comes with complete, US based customer support service and also extended warranty options are available as well. For more information, please visit: www.iDeaPLAYkids.com
I’ll be including the iDeaPlay on my Holiday Gift Guide this year. You can follow along as I add my favorite gifts to my list over on Pinterest here.