The following post is a sponsored post for Socialstars #Aveeno®, but all the words, thoughts and dry skin are my own.
I can hear most of you now “Winter? She lives in San Diego! She doesn’t have winter.” Fine you’re right, but we do have these horrible things known as the Santa Ana Winds which basically suck any and all moisture out of your body. Without Aveeno® body wash body wash and lotion my skin would crack with every move. My current addiction is Aveeno® Skin Relief Scent Nourishing Coconut.
Is your skin already cracked and dry? Aveeno® Skin Relief Gentle Scent Nourishing Coconut smells yummy and it’s as gentle on sensitive as fragrance-free products! Made with ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal and rich emollients, it helps prevent and protect dry skin for a full 24 hours. Translation, your skin is going to smell yummy while and it’s going to look and feel amazing without leaving greasy marks all over your clothes or dropping the baby with your greasy lotion soaked hands.
Don’t laugh, this actually happened to me with another brand. I drop Ellie when she was little because my hands were so greasy from a lotion! It’s ok you can laugh, she’s turned out fine.
Here are six of my favorite tips on protecting your skin against not only the Santa Ana’s, but the frigid winter weather too.
1. Drink lots of water – I know they say this for everything, but it’s true! It’ll help keep your skin moisturized, it’ll help you lose weight and it keeps you looking younger!
2. Avoid hot baths and showers- This means hot tubs too. I know it feels good at the moment, but it breaks down lipid barriers in the skin and this leads to loss of moisture. I promise by using Aveeno® Skin Relief Gentle Scent Nourishing Coconut not only will your skin feel better, but the scent will help relax you. It’s just as gentle as the unscented formulas.
3. Use a humidifier at night – Running the heater in your house will suck out any moisture in your skin. Using a humidifier will help keep the moisture in your skin.
4. Do not rub your skin dry – When you get out of the shower do not rub your skin with the towel to dry off. Try to let your skin absorb as much water as possible and then pat dry.
5. Sunscreen – Yes, I know it’s winter, but it’s still important to apply sunscreen every morning. We talk more about that here.
6. Moisturize moisturize and moisturize again – Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Lotion is the perfect daily lotion and it’s fragrance free, non-greasy and noncomedogenic.
ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal is the #1 ingredient most trusted and recommended by dermatologists. As a skin protectant active ingredient, oatmeal can help restore skin’s normal pH and aid in the maintenance of skin’s moisture barrier to prevent and protect dry skin.
Want my personal tip for taking care of your winter skin? Take time for yourself! Stress shows on your skin. Relax in a nice, not too warm, bath with no kids!