Last week we stayed at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Pennsylvania. You could just feel fall all around you. This was absolutely the perfect resort to help us welcome fall!
We decided to dine in the Frontier Tavern and catch Monday Night Football. On the menu was a fabulous Cream of Mushroom soup. The entire family loved it! It inspired me to try and create my own recipe.
2 Portobello Mushrooms
8 OZ White Mushrooms
4 OZ of Baby Bella Mushrooms
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of chopped chives
2 cloves of garlic
4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
2 Cups of Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Organic All Purpose Flour
1. Puree mushrooms both Portobello mushrooms (remove stems), 5 oz of white mushrooms (save enough to slice for garnish), and 4 oz of baby bella mushrooms.
2. Melt butter on a low temperature. Add chives, garlic, mushrooms and raise to a medium temperature . Cook for 5 minutes. This is to soften mushrooms.
3. Add 4 cups of Vegetable Broth and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Slice up remaining mushrooms and add to broth.
5. Add ¼ cup of Organic All purpose flour and the another cup of heavy whipping cream. Bring to almost a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
*Soup can keep warming on the stove as long as you remember to occasionally stir it.