This past weekend we celebrated our little Caileigh’s first birthday. Yes in the past I may have gone a little over board with birthday parties, but this time I just wasn’t prepared. I wanted something refreshing and cool. What screams summer more than Strawberries and Angel Food Cake? My Strawberries and Cream Cake is super easy, always a hit and everyone will think you’re Betty Crocker.
Ingredients for the Angel Food Cake
- Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake or your favorite Angel Food Cake recipe. I wanted to make this as easy as possible. I use two 9 inch square pans to bake the Cake.
Ingredients for the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pint of Strawberries
- Whip Cream, Sugar and Vanilla Extract on high-speed until stiff.
- The more sugar you use the stiffer and longer your icing will last.
- I use a little more than 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Chill your bowl before whipping and make sure your cream is chilled also.
- Don’t over whip!
Constructing the Cake
- After the Cake has cooled remove from pans.
- Liberally spread cream on the first cake and then layer the sliced strawberries. I over lap my strawberries.
- Add second cake and spread cream on top. Add strawberries and any other berries you’d like to add.
Strawberry Angel Food Cake!
Pin this photo to save this recipe for future use.
Not sure how to prepare a Strawberry? Watch our kitchen hack on how to remove the stem of a strawberry.