Last year I purchased the kit to make these from Paper Source.
I thought they were absolutely adorable. This year I’ve heard a lot of you complain or praise that your schools are not allowing candy. I’ve also heard a few of you complain that they have waited to long to buy your Valentine’s and the stores are running out! I’m here to help!
I decided to recreate last years pin-wheels, but this year no kit and no candy.
What you need:
6 inch square scrapbook paper (one sheet for each pin-wheel)
Pins with safety backs
Heart or decorative stickers (small enough to stick to the pin)
Something you can use to poke a small hole in the paper
1. Measure and mark the center of the paper
2. Cut from corner to about a half of an inch before the center dot
3. Repeat on each corner.
4. Poke a hole on the left of each corner. Make sure you leave enough room so that it won’t easily.
5. Place pin back to front at hole on corner number 1. Fold this corner with fastener inserted towards the center hole.
6. Fold 2nd corner towards corner towards center, and insert fastener through hole on corner number 2, by overlapping corner 1.
7. Fold 3rd corner towards center, and repeat second step. Lastly, repeat with corner number 4.
8. Once the pin in trough all the holes attach the wheel to the straw.
9 & 10 Add embellishments
11. Attach heart for you greeting.