Our dear sweet baby Zach is just now 9 month. He has been amazing and I’ve loved every moment of being his Mommy. He’s been sleeping through the night from the time he was 6 days old. He holds his own bottle. He incredibly mellow. Crawling, pulling himself up, cruising and hardly broken anything. He is more than I could have ever dreamed of.
Being a Mom the 2nd time around is a piece of cake! I’ve already done this once before, so I am totally a pro now. I’ve got this!
Gag, Barf, Puuulease! This is so far from the truth. There are times that being a Mom to a baby down right SUCKS! There I said it! Sometimes having a baby SUCKS!
1. He been sleeping through the night from 6 days. Ok maybe 5 nights out of 7. If he’s teething he sleeps through the night never. So what do I do? I go in check his diaper, give him a hug and kiss and then return his passie to his mouth. He then promptly spits it out and starts screaming again. I then turn, walk out of the room and shut his door. I may even shut my door depending on how loud he’s crying.
I don’t mean to sound harsh about this, but I need my sleep. Babies are not easy and let’s face it, I’m not that young. At first I tried to rock and comfort him, but let’s be honest if I don’t get sleep I’m useless the next day! Also, I may have fallen asleep a couple of times on the couch while he was on the floor playing. BUT this was before he could crawl so that’s ok, right?
2. He is amazing, but no I have not loved every moment of it. Like all of the rest of you, I don’t even have a chance to pee alone. There are days that I shower 2 or even 3 times because that’s the only time I have to myself. Work? You mean when do I actually get work done? I have not idea! For the first time I’ve actually missed deadlines! UGH!
With Ellie was a baby and toddler I had time while she napped. This time it’s not so simple. Zach’s afternoon nap starts right before I need load him in the car to go pick up Ellie from school. Oh and if he is napping, it’s probably on top of me so the amount of work I’m getting down during the day is minimal. Yes I have put him in his crib to cry it out at nap time, but let’s be honest. Sometimes the quiet in your lap is way better than the screaming from the crib.
3. I keep my house clean and baby proofed at all moments. Ok, you can all stop laughing now. Yes I did put plug protectors in. I’ve put up baby gates, if baby baby gates you mean stools turned on their side or see picture below. My living room, which I had just redecorated last year, has once again been taken over by baby toys and other baby traps for me to stub my toe on. Didn’t I just give away all this crap 18 months ago?
4. He’s such a good baby at restaurants. You never even hear him. You may never hear him, but I don’t eat much. Which I guess is good for my diet. It was fine when he was small and slept through dinner, but now he wants everything. Why don’t I remember this with Ellie?
5. I’ll probably never look good in a bikini again, but this is so worth it. Who are you people who say this? I want to wear a bikini again! I want to feel good about myself. Sure I have 2 great kids, but that doesn’t mean I want to forget about me. I want to wear that tight sexy black dress again. I want to wear that bikini again!
What you thought I’d actually show you a picture of me in a bikini? I’m tired, not crazy.
I don’t want to wear Mom jeans! I don’t want to wear certain shirts because I’m worried about my kids pulling on them! I want to wear clothes because they’re cute and I look good in them. I do not want my attire to be dictated by my kids.
Some of you may call me selfish, but I know many of you feel the same way and I just needed to be said. I will never be that perfect Mom. It’s just not who I am.