Disclosure: I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All words, thoughts and germs are my own. #swissherbs
My house is currently overflowing with grossed, sticky, used tissues. Zach started pre-school a few weeks ago and he brought home a nasty bug. Apparently most of the country is suffering from this nasty bug. Fever, aches, congestion, ear infection, and then the nasty cough has slowly worked each way through all of us.
1. Wash Hands Often: With soap and water, every chance they get! A good trick is to have them sing Happy Birthday twice while they are rubbing the soap on their hands.
2. Use Hand Sanitizer: Encourage everyone to use hand sanitizer before they eat or after they touch any shared equipment.
3. Cough & Sneeze in Your Elbow: This will help them from spreading germs by touching things or people with germ hands.
4. Eat Healthy: Yummy Smoothies and lots of fruits full of vitamins will help them fight off germs. This is not the time of year from junk food!
5. Get Lots of Sleep: This isn’t difficult with this bug. All any of us want to do is sleep. Sleep will give their body time to recover from any germs they happen to come in contact with.
6. No Nose Picking, Eye Digging or Finger Sucking: This should be obvious, but for some reason kids are always sticking their fingers in their mouths, noses and eyes!
7. Water: Make sure they’re drinking enough water and make sure they’re not sharing their water bottles with anyone.
8. Find a good TV Show: This will help take your mind off your illness. Thank goodness for Netflix. Now we can watch Love Boat reruns because we want to and not because it’s the only thing on.
9. Ricola Extra Strength with Natural Menthol Drops: If you do start to feel that ickiness coming on Ricola® Extra Strength Glacier Mint are a multi-symptom cough drop from Ricola provides relief for coughs with a soothing syrup for sore throats all in one drop. Ricola Extra Strength Drops combines a unique blend of ten natural Swiss alpine herbs, natural menthol and soothing syrup center to give you safe relief you can trust.
9. Go see your doctor! No, seriously, call them right now!
While you’re laying there sick, why not enter the Ricola “Call in Well” sweepstakes? You may just win a trip to Switzerland!