When we had Ellie, 6 years ago, the carseat issue was pretty straight forward. Rear facing until 12 months, then they should be in a 5 point harness until at least 40 pounds. From that point they’re in a booster until 7. Wait, is that even right? Ellie is just now 40 pounds and she’s almost 6. I think she’ll be in a booster until she’s a senior in high school.
Now that we have Zach the rules have changed. Now they need to be rear facing until at least 2! Tell me this carseat issue isn’t the most confusing part to this parenting gig. UGH!
American Academy of Pediatrics state that
toddlers are more than five times safer riding rear facing in a car seat. They should stay rear facing until 2 years of age.
As if I wasn’t already stressed out about this parenting thing enough. Zach is only 4 months old and I’ve already purchased 2 carseats for him. Now the amazing girls over at SITS have introduced me to the new Graco® SnugRide®.
Last week I was lucky enough to co-host a #GracoSafety Home party and learned about this fabulous new carseat.
So do you know how many carseats you’re going to need to buy between birth and the age of 2? Two? Three? Nope! Just ONE.
8 reasons you should buy a Graco® SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40
1. Weight range is 4 to 40 pounds! It will fit your child rear facing from birth to 2!!!
2. Base can adjust to 8 reclining positions! From laying back for a newborn to sitting almost straight up for a 2 year old.
3. More leg room than any other rear facing carseat!
4. The Simply Safe Adjust™ harness systems allows parents to adjust the harness and headrest with just one hand.
5. Click Connect™ attachment which allows parents to easily transition their babies from car seat to the stroller through a simple, but secure, one-step click.
6. Price Point! $219.99 for a car seat that will last you twice as long!
7. Extending foot rest to protect your seats!
8. Children under 2 are 75% safer in rear-facing carseats.
A huge thank you to all the wonderful ladies who attended! I loved see you all!
The Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 – the first and only newborn to two-year infant car seat that actually grows with your baby from four pounds all the way up to 40 pounds. The car seat is designed for a parent on the go. The infant car seat can be easily removed from the base and used as a carrier when the infant is small, providing portability and convenience so you can easily move your infant in and out of the car without disturbing them.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recently made the recommendation to keep all children in rear-facing car seats until the age of 2. Graco set out to make this product so parents can keep infants rear facing longer while still keeping them comfortable.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Graco. The opinions and text are all mine.