Disclosure: The swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops help sooth my itch throat caused by allergies and this post is sponsored for Socialstars. #swissherbs All words, thoughts and ideas are my own.
This year Ellie was all excited to complete an Earth Day bucket list. We planted, we picked up trash, and every talked about ways we could start to conserve water. As I laid in bed that night I thought it would be nice to add a few of these activities into our everyday life.
1. Rain barrel – Here is California we are in a severe drought. We have all been asked to reduce our water usage by 25% which is harder than you think. While we haven’t been getting a ton of rain, what little rain we are getting can be caught in a rain barrel and used for gardens. Danielle Simmons has a great article on rain barrels and how they’re putting theirs to use.
2. Plant regionally native plants – Native plants have evolved to deal with indigenous insects, fungi and diseases. They require less care to maintain and they require less watering.
3. Pick up trash – We have a rule when we go to the beach. You must pick up and throw out three pieces of trash before we leave. The same can be done at any park.
4. Plant an herb garden – Not only will this save you money, but it’s better for the environment because as a home grower you can make sure you don’t put harmful chemicals into the soil.
5. Recycle – Make it a family challenge to have less trash and more recycle!
6. Reusable Shopping Bags – In many communities, plastic bags are becoming a thing of the past. Here in Encinitas, Solana Beach and Carlsbad you’ll need reusable bags or you’ll have to pay ten cents per paper bag you use. Our favorite bags? Love Reusable!
7. Solar and Wind Power – This isn’t a realistic thing for everyone yet, but start researching! In many states you can actually sell back any extra energy your solar creates! So not only will you not be paying for electricity, you’ll be making money! The down side is that it’s not cheap to get started. So start researching and saving now!
Most of these tips require you to be outdoors. Which is something we could all use more of in our lives. Going to the beach, a park, gardening. All good for the soul. But how many of you are like me and suffer from allergies when you try and enjoy the outside? Good news for me and you! Ricola® Herb & Throat drops can help relieve your itchy throat and that gross nasal drip Chrüterchraft is the secret of the 10-herb blend, and this is what differentiates Ricola® from other cough drops. I always have them in my purse because they also help relieve the vocal stress from
yelling at my kids singing out loud in my car during school carpool.