Exercise is a MUST in my house. I have always insisted my kids play sports because that is the easiest way to get exercise. My caveat to that is if they choose not to play a sport they have to find another way to get exercise. Like going for a run. None of my boys like to run, so they choose organized sports instead. My desire to have them working out nearly every day has NOTHING to do with the way they look. I workout most days and know the benefits of a good sweat. I want my boys to get those same benefits.
2. A good sweat will help them sleep better and longer. This is especially important when you have boys. The kind who wake up at 5:30 am every day. Until they are teens of course, then you are dragging them out of bed by their toes.
3. Working out boosts creativity and imagination. This is my favorite part of a good workout.
4. It’s a confidence booster. Just ran two miles. Just finished a hard practice. Just finally did a headstand in yoga. BAM. Feeling good.
5. Workouts are natural immune boosters. School is a pile of germs, germs, germs. We need all the help we can get.
6. A good workout improves brainpower and productivity.
7. Exercise gives them more energy. Maybe a good workout will give them the energy to empty the dishwasher and take out the trash. And maybe even (see number one) with a smile. Yeah, probably not. But maybe.