Disclosure: The following post has been sponsored by Aveeno®, but all the words, thoughts and dry skin are my own.
Showering is such a simple thing. You get in, you wash and you get out. Believe it or not, there are many things you are more than likely doing that are actually making your shower harmful to your skin.
1. Standing in the steam of the shower because it helps your skin hold in the moisture. Wrong! The heat will dry your skin out. Shower in warm water and immediately apply moisturizing lotion while your skin is still damp.
2. Washing your hair everyday. Washing your hair everyday will strip your hair of the natural oil needed to keep it healthy.
3. Using your husbands bar soap. I know it’s convenient, but typically women’s skin is more sensitive than male skin. Our skin needs that moisturizing body wash. Also, bar soap left laying in the shower collects bacteria. EWWWW.
4. Not fully rinsing your skin. Leaving any residue on your skin will quickly dry it out!
5. Using a body wash that creates too much soapy lather. We have been conditioned to think the more lather, the cleaner we are. Actually too much lather can strip your skin of it’s natural oils which actually help keep your skin from drying out. Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Body Wash is my favorite daily body wash. It helps replenish your skin’s natural moisture. It actually lathers up into a creamy, rather than a bubbly, lather. Aveeno® Daily Moisturizing Body Wash is part of their Active Naturals® line and contains colloidal oatmeal. Oat is the natural ingredient most recommended by dermatologists. As a skin protectant active ingredient, oatmeal can help restore skin’s normal pH and aid in the maintenance of skin’s moisture barrier to help prevent and protect dry skin.
Make sure you read other articles in our skincare series:
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Aveeno®, but all the words, thoughts and dry skin are my own.