I can’t believe that Baby Girl Seid is going to be here in 4 short weeks! Yes I am totally freaking out, which means it’s time to bust out the list of all baby list. The prepping for baby checklist. I’ve done this a couple other times, so I already know what’s on my countdown to do list.
4 Weeks Before
- Make sure the car always has gas!
- Pack the overnight bag
- Buy post baby belly band – I like the Belly Bandit
- Shop for and buy an infant seat. Don’t forget to learn how to install it. I have 2 favorites Orbit Baby and the Uppa Baby Mesa
- Write out birth plan and get it to your doctor. Keep a copy and put it in your hospital bag.
- Pre-register at the hospital.
- If you have other children buy a couple “Big Brother” or “Big Sister” books. Reading this to them will hopefully help make the transition smoother.
- Create a phone tree so that you can easily communicate when the time comes.
- Make sure you have your insurance card, copy of your birth plan and other important paper work in one place. The Petunia Pickle Bottom Beginnings Baby Book is perfect for this!
3 Weeks Before
- Wash baby clothes and sheets.
- Buy and pack your new diaper bag. Petunia Pickle Bottom makes a ton of very stylish diaper bags.
- Buy comfy PJ’s.
- Buy loose-fitting clothing to wear home.
- Pick out a coming home outfit for baby. I normally bring 2 different sizes. I tend to have little kids so I’m never sure if they’re going to fit into Newborn or Preemie size.
- Purchase sanitary pads. No tampons!
- Stool softeners. Trust me! You might even want to buy food with extra fiber as well.
- Boppy or a donut pillow to sit on, for non C-sectioners. OUCH!
- 2 nursing bras – Even if you’re not going to breastfeed!
- If you are going to breastfeed, also buy Soothies!
- If you’re going to bottle feed buy bottles and formula.
2 Weeks Before
- Get in one last hair appointment
- Stock diaper changing stations
- Install baby seat – You can even go down to certain Police stations on set days of the month and have them do it for you. Over 50% of car seats installed by new parents are done incorrectly
- Bikini wax – Yes you heard me correctly! Especially if you’re having a C-Section or there’s a possibility of one. They will shave you prior to surgery and they aren’t nice about it. Ingrown hair is not fun to deal with after having a C-Section!
- Finalize last minute scheduling/plans for other kids.
- Wash Bottles.
- If you have pets to get them groomed (nails clipped especially), clean out all the toys and wash bedding.
1 Week Before
- Treat yourself to a Mani/Pedi.
- Go get a professional Blow Out, especially if your hair can last a few days without being washed.
- Date night with hubby.
- If you already have kids, do something special with them too.
- If you can afford it, have a housekeeper come in and do a real good deep clean. It is so nice to come home with a new baby to a really clean house.
- I know this is a hard one, but try get some rest!