This is a sponsored post on behalf of Shoebox. The love of friends, inappropriate humor and Shoebox? All mine.
As I said in the Who is Stefanie section of my book Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend’s Soul, “you can’t pick your family, but you can pick your friends.” To say that my family makes even the most dysfunctional families look functional would be an understatement. Addiction, bank robberies, drug busts that made history in our home town and more than one trip to prison were just the tip of the iceberg in my family. Two things got me through. A sense of humor and amazing friendships. Without friends, I wouldn’t have survived. With them, all things are possible.
This post is a tribute to my dearest friends who make me laugh, tell me funny stories to help me get through the security line at the airport after I have pulled myself out three times because I was crying so hard from dropping my kid off at college and mostly importantly who like to talk about nothing together. Often. You are my everything. Thank you for being in my life.
14 Ways You Know She’s Your Best Friend
1. When she was going through a breakup you gave her your Facebook username and password so she could secretly spy on her ex who was still your friend.
2. If you were hit by a bus, she would know just what to do. Go straight to your house, find your journal in it’s secret hiding place that only she knows about, and burn it. Then, and only after business had been handled, would she cry.
3. With every holiday or birthday card you buy for someone else, you buy a hilarious card for them too. Just because.
4. Your child, confused, asked if you were sisters because he calls her his aunt.
5. You have helped them move. Nothing says best friend like helping someone pack and unpack boxes. NOTHING.
6. You refer to her as your wife. Because if your husband would let you, you would move her in.
7. When you don’t like someone, they don’t like that someone. Or at the very least, they are smart enough to pretend they don’t until you get over it 30 minutes later.
8. She listens to you rant when you are mad at your husband and never judges him. Or you.
9. If you go to the bathroom and the waiter arrives, there is no waiting until you come out and delaying those drinks, she knows exactly what drink to order for you.
10. When you ask if a dress makes your butt look fat, you know you are going to get the truth.
11. You’ve lost track of how much money you owe each other.
12. She never tries to solve your problems, she just listens. And keeps pouring the wine.
13. T.M.I. All. The. Time.
13. You’ve gone on a road trip together and you still like each other.
14. Selfies are better with two.
What would you add to this list?
One of my most favorite things is to get an unexpected card in the mail from a friend. There is something about the time it took to select it, the actual signing of a name with a pen, addressing it and taking the time to mail it that let’s you know you are important. I am a BIG fan of the hilarious and quirky Shoebox cards. Shoebox is the most recognized humor brand in the greetings industry. This scrappy and rebellious branch of Hallmark is on a mission to spread their brand of humor to the world, one inappropriate chuckle at a time. Anyone who reads this site knows that inappropriate is a must have quality for me. The more inappropriate the better. And Shoebox‘s inappropriate humor is Hallmark approved, sorta. So there’s that little nugget.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shoebox.