We asked some of our favorite teachers what they really wanted to tell all parents. We love these and couldn’t agree more!
1. Please eat dinner at night as a family and talk about your day. We know this isn’t always possible so please find time to sit and talk about your day.
2. Limit TV and video games (especially those that are violent).
3. Don’t push your kids to do something they don’t want to do (sports, etc).
4. It is ok to get a B.
5. Find the positive in your child and make that a big deal!!
6. Sometimes children make mistakes and do the wrong thing. THEY LEARN FROM THIS!
7. Curriculum changes but we are all still learning the same things.
8. Don’t do for them what they can do for themselves.
9. Self-esteem is earned, not given.
10. There are two sides to every story.
11. Read, read and read….it will help your child’s intelligence overall.
12. Take away (limit) technology and talk/listen/spend time with your kids…there is a striking correlation between kids who sit in front of the tv/gaming and those who do not…teachers can tell right away.
13. Kids need time to be kids. Don’t over schedule them so that it removes the positive aspects of down time and relaxation with family!
A giant Thank You to my old friend Cristy for helping us out with this!