It has been one amazing year, but it’s time to say goodbye to 2014. It’s also time we say goodbye to a few overused words and phrases that are starting to make our ears bleed. We polled our readers and they requested we all stop using the terms below.
And we agree.
1. Totes – For those of us who grew up in the 80’s this word is a sin! We love our word “totally” and you’re just ruining good 80’s pop culture. Quit it.
2. Cray Cray – Can we just go back to crazy?
3. Hashtag – We don’t mean #, we mean actually saying it before another word for example “Hashtag Selfie.” This is worse than talking in third person. You don’t need to narrate your life or actions.
4. Classic – Just another example of a perfectly good word being used wrong. “My kid said he went potty. Classic!” DUDE! That is not classic or even funny. Emily Bronte is classic. Frank Sinatra is classic. The little black dress is a classic, BUT your kid saying something kinda cute or just about anything you put in your Facebook status update is probably not classic. Just quit saying it!
5. BAE and Yolo – Do we even need to explain why?
6. Lifehack – Oh yes, we here at MomSmack bought into the hacks, but we quickly learned most of them were helpful. Even so, why would one want a hack for life? Maybe we could just find a new word for it, because they’re kinda fun to try.
7. I can’t even – What can you not even and what does that EVEN mean? You can’t deal with the situation? Than just say that.
8. Nom nom nom – This one is very popular with the foodies, but can you just stop. Normally when someone is actually saying nom they’re chewing loudly or with their mouths open and that is just rude.
9. Ha or Hahaha – I personally feel like I owe my social media friends an apology because I use this way to much! Oh and thank you Emily from Colorado Moms for pointing out our in ability to count! Apparently we skipped 9 the first time around.
10. If I’m being honest – Are you lying every other time?
11. Yaaassss – It’s yes. Unless your an ass.
12. Said no one ever – Someone might have said it. Regardless? It’s tired.
13. Lol – Do we really have to still tell you to stop?
What would you add to this list?