I have been parenting for over 17 years. I have an unbelievable relationship with both of my teens. Below are some of my secrets. I hope you find them useful.
MUST DO’S FOR PARENTS OF TEENS
1. Be their confidant but not their friend.
2. Listen when they talk.
3. Remember what it was like to be their age.
4. Talk at them 5% of the time and WITH them the other 95%.
5. Listen to their music.
6. Always offer to drive. You will learn everything you need to know listening to them talk with their friends.
7. Have a sense of humor.
8. Say to them often, “I know you can.”
9. Hug them every chance you get. They will be gone before you know it.
10. Know their friends.
11. Champion their dreams.
What would add to this list?