Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aveeno®, but all the wrinkles, skin care tips and words are my own.
There is no denying it, we’re all getting older. Some of us (clears throat) may have a birthday coming up. Even though we have declared we’re not having a birthday this year, it’s still going to happen. Better than the alternative.
In my 20’s and 30’s, I was lucky enough to have mostly trouble free clear skin. In my late 30’s I started to notice those fine lines and wrinkles and realized I needed to start taking better care of my skin ASAP.
Here are my top ten secret tips for keeping my skin looking young and fresh.
- Water – Yes, I know I sound like a broken record. How many times have I told you to drink water in the last few months? Seriously, start drinking water. Lots of it.
- Exercise – Yep, good old fashion exercise helps to keep your skin looking young and healthy. When you get your blood pumping, live skin cells lying deep in the skin are pushed towards the surface. It helps to give your skin a fresher youthful appearance.
- Sunscreen – We all need some good ole fashion Vitamin D but limit your exposure. Make sure you use sunscreen when you’re going to be in the sun for extended periods of time.
- No Smoking – Not only will it give you lines around your mouth, but carbon monoxide contained in cigarettes are known to cut off the small blood capillaries that feed the skin.
- Vitamin C – The American Journal of Nutrition found that women over 40 who have high amounts of Vitamin C in their diet are less likely to develop wrinkles than those who consumed lower levels. Vitamin C is crucial in the formation of collagen.
- Plant Protein – It’s true, as we grow older our estrogen levels drop. Nope, scratch that, they plummet! Estrogen is needed to create healthy collagen that helps keep wrinkles away. Try eating hummus, nuts, soy and pinto beans.
- Stress less – Studies have shown that stress accelerates aging and the first place you see it is your face. A couple times a week set some time aside for you. Make yourself a cup of mint tea, run a warm (not hot) oatmeal bath or Aveeno® Stress Relief Foaming Bath, light a few candles and relax!
- Exfoliate – Scrub off that top layer of dead skin. This will allow the young, fresh skin to show through. I like using the Aveeno® Positively Radiant® Skin Brightening Daily Scrub. It’s helped improve my skin texture, and it looks fresh.
- Moisturize – Yep I’ve said it before and I mean it! The Aveeno’s® Positively Radiant® CC Cream is the perfect tinted moisturizer and sunscreen in one.
- Always remove your make-up – Aveeno® Positively Radiant® Makeup Removing Wipes quickly and easily removes all traces of makeup. It will even get rid of that pesky waterproof mascara without irritating or drying out your skin.
I love these makeup removing wipes so much! My eight-year-old daughter is a competitive dancer and has to wear stage makeup to perform. I don’t want to damage her young skin by scrubbing off her makeup. Just one wipe can gently remove all traces of her makeup. She quickly goes from performer to an eight-year-old little girl in just a couple of minutes.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Aveeno®, but all the wrinkles, tips, and words are my own.