I’m sure I’ve said it a 1000 times, but Ellie was the easiest baby and toddler of all time. Honestly, I expected pretty much the same thing from Zach. Why wouldn’t he be? We’re very relaxed parents who expected Ellie to listen and follow the rules. She did, so why would Zach be any different?
I was so wrong. While these 10 things might not be true for all boys, they are the 10 things that surprised me about having a boy.
1. He’s a climber. Seriously he climbs everything including the bathroom sink!
2. He is overly attached. Holy Mama’s Boy! I can’t even leave him in the kids room while I work out!
3. Any stick, actually any object that can be swung, instantly becomes a bat, golf club or a sword.
4. There is no such thing as walking when it comes to toddler boys. They run every where. I mean everywhere!
5. I have now accepted the fact that I will have at least one broken window before he turns 5. Please refer to number 3.
6. No more leisurely strolls through the mall or Target. Once I get him out of the car and put him in the stroller or shopping cart, the timer starts. I must get what I need and get out or the world just might end.
7. Why are boys hands constantly in their pants? Seriously? It’s not going anywhere guys!
8. He is not a rule follower! He would much rather throw a 10 minute tantrum than take 10 seconds to throw away his trash. You ask him to go one direction, he’ll look at you and run the opposite. Zach, do not climb the ladder holding onto that pool toy!
9. He has to push every button he lays his eyes on. All kids love buttons, but buttons are almost an obsession for Zach!
10. Boys are gross! Seriously, gross! They’ll eat bugs, dirt, their boogers, your boogers. What ever they can get their hands on needs to be tasted.
Love you, Zach! We wouldn’t take you any other way!