An updated version of the cliches your parents used to say. They won’t make you cool, but at least they make you slightly more current.
1. If all of your friends jumped off a cliff would you?
If all your friends text naked pictures of themselves would you?
2. Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.
Sticks and stones are nothing compared to the hateful words from a bully.
3. Don’t make me pull this car over.
Don’t make me put my cell phone down.
4. You’ll go blind from that.
You clearly won’t go blind, your dad has 20/20 vision.
5. Every man for himself.
The more you give to others, the more you become.
6. Just wait ‘til your father gets home.
One more time and I am posting on your Facebook wall.
7. Because I said so.
Because I did a Twitter poll and 12 of my followers agreed with me.
8. No good deed goes unpunished.
Every good deed makes a difference to someone.
9. I walked uphill to school, without shoes, both ways.
I had to walk to the television to change the channel.
10. There are starving children in Africa.
There are starving children in Africa.
What cliches would you change and how would you change them?